Thursday, November 19, 2015

Trimming The Christmas Tree

Hello my crafty friends! 
Today I am sharing with you a Christmas card that I 
made for my design team project for OAK Tree Stamps 


The file I used was the All I Want For Christmas by OAK Tree Stamps


I created the card base in Design Space (DS). Window Sill image from Creative cards.
I added the window into DS and made a copy of it. Took one of them and hid the 
contour for the 4 window panels. I then made a duplicate of that window and flipped it 
to weld to the other to make the card base. I added a score line to the middle for folding.

I then stamped the image of the little boy using Memento Tuxedo black ink 
and colored him using my Copic markers. I then cut him out by hand. 

I hand cut the step stool and tree. I then glued all 3 pieces to the card base 
before attaching the white window front panel.
I used a cuttlebug border embossing folder to add detail to the window.
Using dimensional foam adhesive squares, I attached the window to the from 
of the card base. 

This card brings back so many memories of my son at a very young age
helping me trim the tree. I just want to reach throuh the window and give him
a super big hug!! 

Thank you so much for stopping by! Be sure to swing by OAK Tree Stamps
and pick up your set today!!

Happy Crafting, Jen





No comments:

Post a Comment